7.28.2008

GREENERY EVERYWHERE

Today is Monday and every last minute of it has felt exactly like a Monday. But, at least I had a wonderful weekend. Alexia's birthday party on Friday went beautifully, smooshed cake and all! She had a blast and was super excited to receive her brand new bike. In fact, she was so happy that on Saturday she rode a little over a mile with only one itty bitty spill! Man, that girl is one tough cookie. Sunday, we all just sat back and took it easy. Steven and I were able to steal a couple of hours to ourselves as well, which was much needed!

And that brings us up to speed with Monday, now well underway. In the midst of my weekly house cleaning, I have been able to find you some exciting websites and useful tips to try out. These are all green, baby! I love searching and finding new ways to help me be a better friend to Miss Mother Earth.

Today, through a weekly email I receive, I was directed to one of the most eco-friendly blogs I have ever read. Its entitled No Impact Man, after a father in NYC who has chosen to live impact-free for one year in the city and take his wife and daughter along for the ride. He has a ton a great tips and I will continue to scan through them and let you know when I find something notable.

Also, I found Preserve Toothbrushes. I have used these toothbrushes before and they are great! You can get them at Wal-Mart and I think they run around $2.50 a pop. But the great thing about them? They are made from recycled products AND when you are done with the toothbrush, just print out one of their labels from the website and ship it back to them for free! They use them to make things like park benches and decks and more! What a great idea! And I found out today they make other products too, like a line of personal care products and tableware and kitchen items! All recyclable!!! I really love this idea!

Lastly, I found a great all-natural way to get rid of lice! I know, I know...its a yucky subject. But, when you have kids, you are bound to deal with head lice at some point or another. Wouldn't you feel better about lathering them up with something natural and enviro-friendly than soaking their little brains in a chemical bath?? I know I would. The website is a little cheesy looking, but I've heard it really does the trick and with NO CHEMICALS!!!

Ok, ladies and gents, I'm off to try to quickly clean up the house before Jade wakes from his afternoon nap. I hope you guys have a wonderful rest of the day and take it easy, its Monday for crying out loud! :)

1 comment:

Apple said...

Great websites, thank you!